Jul 17, 2013

Read this one at a time daily.

(1)


A GARLAND OF


ESSENCE OG THE GREAT MASTERS.


by Holiness Dudjom Rinpoche.


Root guru,precious and most kind, Lord of the mandala,sole unfailing lasting refuge, With Guru,precious and most kind, Lord of the mandala,sole unfailing lasting refuge, With your compassion,take hold of me! I only for this free, well-favored human birth.


(2)


Human life, lasting an instant,like a dream- It might be happy, it might be sad. Not wishing for joy,not avoiding sadness, May I truly practice the sublime teachings.

(3)


A life of luxury,like a bewitching apparition- away like chaffIt might come to pass or it might not. With the ways of the eight worldly dharmas cast away like chaff, May I truly practice the sublime teachings.


(4)


This humble life,

Like a butterlamp set out in the wind- It might last a long time ot it might not. Not letting ego's hold tighten further, May I truly pratice the sublime teachings.


(5)


This illusory body, Like a rotting 100-year-old house- It might last,it might fall in to the dust. Not caught up in efforts to get food,clothes,or medicines, May I truly practice the sublime teachings.


(6)


MAY THE GURU'S BLESSINGS ENTER IN TO ME, MAY MY REALIZATION BECOME EQUAL TO THE SKY. GRANT YOUR BLESSINGS SO THAT I MAY REACH KUNTUZANGPO'S THRONE.

br/>

(8) This rank in the hierarchy, Like a tiny perched on a branch- It might be high, it might be low. Without making myself miserable Wishing for a better position, May I truly practive the sublime teachings.


(9) So much acivity-nothing comes of it. So much thinking-no point to it. So much wanting-no time for it. May I be able to practice according to instructions.


(10) All these activities are pointless, Like a grand tour of a wasteland. All this trying just makes my mindstream that passes for dharma to am more rigid. All this thinking only adds confusion onto confusion. All that passes for dharama to ordinary people only makes for further binding.


Szechuan or Sichuan is considered the spiciest of Chinese cuisines; the liberal use of chili peppers and Szechuan peppercorn brings the heat. Chengdu I gets points for authenticity; you won' find shr3dded pig'sear,double cooked pigg's tongue and jellyfish in scallion at your neighborhood Chinese restauant.


(11) May I not have wrong views towords Guru Who has given instructions in accord with the Dharma. May I not lose fait in the wide Yidam On misfortune occurs May I not put off practice when circumstances are hard. May there be no obsticals to attaining Siddhi.


If I must do something, may Buddha's teaching bear it witness. If I must do something,mix mindstream and dharma. If I must do accomplish something, read the life stories of past masters. What's the use of other things?Spoiled brat! Take a low seat and become rich with contentment. Try hard to get free of the eight wordly concerns.


No comments: